I BATTELLI DEL BRENTA
The company “I Battelli del Brenta” provides enjoyable guided public cruises, from Venice to Padua or viceversa, along the Brenta Canal (Riviera del Brenta), visiting some of the Venetian Villas, summer residences of the 18th century, with stops at the monumental palaces with its legendary frescoes.
8:00 am: departure from Verona (transfer included by private minivan or coach depending on the number of participant)
9.10 am: arrival in Stra and internal guided tour of Villa Pisani;
• embarkation and navigation towards Dolo with illustration during the cruise of the different Villas seen from the river;
• passing through Dolo Lock with descent of the water level;
• cruising continues towards Mira, amongst villas, villages and swing bridges and presentation during the cruise of the various Villas seen from the river;
• passing through Mira Lock with descent of the water level;
• stop at Villa Widmann or Villa Barchessa Valmarana for the internal guided tour;
• embarkation and cruise towards Oriago;
• arrival in Oriago for lunch break at the restaurant “Il Burchiello”;
optional lunch* or free time;
• cruising continues towards Malcontenta, amongst villas, villages and swing bridges and presentation during the cruise of the various Villas seen from the river;
• arrival in Malcontenta and stop at Villa Foscari called La Malcontenta for the internal guided tour;
• 4.30 pm: cruising continues towards Moranzani; arrival and passing through Moranzani Lock with water level descent;
• cruising to Venice with arrival to San Marco, Riva degli Schiavoni, on the landing stage “San Zaccaria A”, around 5.30 pm.
• FEE TIME to discover Venice and back by train to Verona (return ticket not included – price basis 9,25 € per person. 1h.21’ )
INCLUDED SERVICES: transfer from Verona to Stra, cruise, entrance tickets and guided tour of the Villas in Program.
Return train ticket to Verona can be booked on request
- The lunch takes place at the restaurant “Il Burchiello” in Oriago, a famous seafood restaurant of the “Buon Ricordo” circuit.
The € 23,00 “Casanova” lunch (optional) includes: a welcome starter with smoked fish carpaccio with slices of toasted bread; a plate of mix fried Adriatic fish with polenta; a side-dish of seasonal vegetables; fresh seasonal fruit salad with ice-cream; 1/4 liter wine and 1/2 liter mineral water.
Price: 150 € (based on minimum number of 6 participants)